Black Tie Awards: And the winners are….
Last night’s Cowichan Valley Chamber of Commerce Black Tie Excellence Awards were a beautiful reminder of how important it is to celebrate community success. It was incredible to gather together to support the people making a difference here in the Cowichan Valley.
Brandy Gallagher on behalf of O.U.R. Ecovillage was nominated for the Green Business Award, thanks to all of you out there!
And so we went to the ceremony, to sit on the edge of our seats while each of the nominees was called up to receive the nomination… a little friendly competition to get the energy up…
And then, at the very end of the night, accompanied by some incredibly rich chocolate delicacie, the winners were announced!
- Best home based business…Angela Etherington of Progressive Fitness Personal Training
- Young entrepreneur….Cortinie Clarke from Crave Boutique
- Volunteer of the Year…George Treit from Providence Farm
- Customer Service Award… Will Taylor from BowMel
- Green Business Award… John Close of Lush Eco Lawns
- Ingrid and Frederique of Saison Market Vineyard
And even though the Ecovillage didn’t come out the winner, we felt the deep sense of community support, friendship and pride as we stood together knowing that some people out there think we’re pretty great.
Thank you to everyone who nominated the Brandy and O.U.R. Ecovillage, and for all the community love and support that we feel from you all the time. We wouldn’t be here without it!
* My apologies for the fuzzy photos… I won the wrestling match against Erica to be Brandy’s date. You win some, you lose some!