Guided TourYour time here will begin with a one-hour educational PowerPoint presentation; this will include handouts, reference materials, networking, and Q & A time. From there we will move outside for a one-hour site walk (tours are rain or shine so please dress accordingly with proper footwear).
Some things to keep in mind
- As we love all animals, we ask that you LEAVE pets at home, for the safety and well-being of all our animals and livestock.
- Children are a welcomed part of O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE. We ask that the parent/guardian take full responsibility and supervision for their children while on site. The building sites, woodworking shop, and gardens are areas where children must have adult supervision at all times.
- A donation of $15 per person is very much appreciated.
- Also, you can now reserve your lunch (24 hours notice please) for your visit with O.U.R. community and buy lunch ($10). This is mostly vegetarian, yummy, mostly organic, and mostly from O.U.R. Garden. Please call ahead to reserve a spot at the table (and confirm any food issues/allergies) if you are planning to stay on for lunch after the tour.
Self Guided TourWhen you come for a self guided tour you will be given a map and the freedom to see various elements of the place/people/processes. Unfortunately, unless you are on a guided tour, you are requested not to enter the buildings unless invited in.
Some things to keep in mind
- please close gates behind you wherever you go as we have (overly friendly) free range livestock on site.
- please watch for children and animals when moving your car
- please respect private spaces and just to ask questions and introduce yourselves as you move through the grounds (this really helps O.U.R. folks to locate why you are stopping and talking with them!)
PLEASE CONTACT AHEAD PRIOR TO VISITClick here for Visitor Guidelines or here for Directions.
We are used to supporting a wide variety of events for diverse needs. Negotiation for specific requirements is always welcome. Contact us to arrange group bookings.If you have arranged your time on site through communication with OUR staff, you may book and pay for your time at OUR Ecovillage permaculture demonstration site by going to OUR Food and Accommodation page.
Guesthouse rate includes breakfastSingle Person $60/night Couple $75/night Children under 12 $5/night Co-op Members $50 single/$65 double
Site Costs and CampingAdults camping: per night - $18, per week - $105, per month - $300 Children camping 0-6 free Children camping 7-12: per night - $9, per week - $55, per month - $175. Teens 13-18 - Adult rates. Family rates may be negotiated. Availability is limited in the summer months so please confirm well ahead of time.
Meals from OUR permaculture kitchen can be paid at the following rates:Adults meals: breakfast - $7, lunch - $9, dinner - $10, per day - $25, per week - $160, per month - $350 Children meals 0-6 free Children meals 7-12: per meal - $5, per day - $14, per week - $80, per month - $175. Teens 13-18 - Adult rates. During summer months when TOPIA programs are running and meals are served in the outdoor kitchen, please pay for food directly to O.U.R. Community Association (see office staff). During the off-season, please make arrangements with the Hearthkeepers (land stewards) to purchase food.
Special rate available for O.U.R. Co-operative members - see above.
...consider O.U.R. Ecovillage Explorer - a great way to experience life at O.U.R. Ecovillage.