Brandy Gallagher is the heart of O.U.R Ecovillage. She is OUR Executive Director, founding member, devout leader, incredible mentor, village ambassador, educator, soldier of change, example of possibility…Brandy is O.U.R. Mother. She is also facing cancer. As a result, OUR Mother and OUR family are facing immediate crisis.
We need your help. We have an urgent need to raise $150,000 to maintain the mortgage, cover insurance and other mandatory costs, and pay the salary of part-time transition co-ordinator Rick. He has stepped up in a big way to help fill in the many shoes Brandy normally wears (and has never drawn a salary for!). This allows Brandy and her family the time & space required to focus on wellness, while the needs of the Village are met by the community. For investors wishing to explore a deeper level of participation, we have several options, outlined below.
As our crowdfunding continues through August 20, we have exciting news! A donor has stepped forward to match the next $10,000 in crowdfunding donations. This means that you can feel fantastic knowing each dollar you contribute doubles in value as it reaches the Village.
Help us to #protectOUR in any of these ways:
1. Visit www.protectour.ca to learn more about our campaign and contribute directly through Indiegogo.
2. Contribute to the cause–we’ve put together some awesome perks as another token of our appreciation. (Contributions over 25$ may be partially tax-deductible; contact us for details.)
3. Share the campaign with all of your friends and networks. Share the Village love around the world!
Other Ways to Contribute
1. Become a Sustainer [through Canada Helps/Volunteer Cowichan] and make a longer term commitment to the Village by pledging $25, $50, or $100 dollars a month for a minimum period of one year to the day-to-day operating costs of the Village. Sustainers receive special discounts and access to events throughout the year as a token of our gratitude.
3. Green Burial Program
The Green Burial Programme is a Commemorative Legacy Project that encompasses preparations, placement, memorial services/celebrations, and other ways to remember and rejoice in lives lived.
4. Participation in a Multi-stakeholder Ownership Co-operative
As we manage to raise the interim investment and ownership of OUR Ecovillage, we will complete this transition phase allowing for full registration of OUR Ecovillage Cooperative as land title holder. This is an excellent way for community minded folks, educators, green businesses, government and universities/colleges to contribute–see the fall 2011 Coop Corner, or fall 2013 update for more information, or contact us.
[contact-form 1 “Contact form 1″]