2019 Permaculture Teacher Training
March 23rd – March 30th, 2019
Cost: $900 CAD
Who should take this course?
This is an incredible opportunity to study with a master teacher, on how to teach permaculture. To be eligible to register for the course you will have taken the Permaculture Design Certificate Course, or have the instructor’s approval.
(Please contact us: email@example.com to register under this special track!)
Material Covered in the Course:
We are also hosting a FOOD, FOREST, AND FARM CAMP FOR KIDS 6-12 at the same time as the PTT:
Class will begin at 10 am on Mar 23rd, 2019 (Sat), and finish at 9:00 pm on Mar 30th, 2019 (Sat) with a celebration party.
Each day will follow the same schedule. If you are staying off site, please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before class starts.
Breakfast: 7:00 – 8:00 am
AM Session: 8:30 – 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 – 1:30 pm
PM Session: 1:30 – 5:30 pm
Dinner: 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Evening Session: 7:30 – 9:30 pm
This Certificate Course is offered by the Cascadia Permaculture Institute and is now certified by the Permaculture Institute of North America.
Class size limited to 25 participants.
Advanced Permaculture Courses in Teaching
Empower yourself to advocate for change through whole systems teaching and design. In this dynamic and interactive course, you will learn significant teaching techniques to communicate and apply Permaculture (Pc) principles and strategies to a wide variety of audiences and educational settings. Our goal is to encourage and inspire your unique strengths and abilities by demonstrating diverse teaching modalities including effective use of lecture, storytelling, class discussions, interactive experiential activities, visual aids and hands-on skills. As a group we facilitate a safe setting of active learning, building confidence by experiencing essential practice via preparing and co-teaching multiple presentations. Sharing information is Regenerative ~ Be Part of the Permaculture Solution.
Who is this course for?
- Community activists, designers, homesteaders and anyone who wishes to share the knowledge of systems thinking and integrated self-reliant living strategies
- Professional teachers who wish to expand and fine-tune their Permaculture knowledge
- Permaculture Design Course Graduates
What will you learn?
- The awareness of how adults learn
- To assess your personal assets
- Tools to teach what you know
What you can expect from this course?
- Skill building with a focus on goals you wish to accomplish
- Enhancing your abilities toward Critical Thinking
- Asking important questions: What are your intentions and goals as an educator? How teaching serves you and others?
- Understanding how goal setting generates learning outcomes which evolves to content
- Keeping participants engaged through changing the conventional paradigm of teaching
- Community building: this includes the transformational learning, the co-creativity model and more
- Teaching strategies
- Creating the awareness of teaching about design and the relevancy of practical design application
- Applying documentation through note taking & journaling
- Building a vocabulary of learning modalities, such as; shifting from passive to active learning, visual, auditory, kinesthetic learning, the eight intelligences, transformational learning, and using resources from researchers who have articulated how people best learn.
- Recognizing your learning styles and how this impacts your ways of teaching
- Observing how people best learn through their experiences with teaching styles
- Practicing the Art of Facilitation: From deep listening to timeliness to working with challenges in the educational setting
What are the course activities?
- Presenting three teaching modules as a way to practice and build self-confidence.
- Offer and receive supportive respectful critiques of these presentations, enhancing the opportunity to Adapt and Advance your skills with timing and delivery.
- Encouraging you to identify your unique personal teaching style(s), what is your ‘shtick’?
- Teach Pc Creatively by ‘edutainment’ (education and entertainment)
- Presenting a final group project to the public: An Introduction to Permaculture: A Workshop on
- Ecological Design (or whatever the class chooses as a workshop title)
Jude Hobbs is an internationally recognized permaculture designer, educator and co-founder of the Permaculture Institute of North America (PINA). With over 30 years’ experience she utilizes whole-system techniques in urban and rural settings to co-design environmentally sound solutions that inspire sustainable actions. Through her business, Agro-Ecology Northwest, she specializes in optimizing resource conservation, biodiversity, soil and watershed enhancement and income diversification for large and small-scale acreage.
As an educator, she conveys her passion for permaculture to students worldwide by providing curricula developed to encompass diverse learning styles with teaching techniques that are accessible, inspiring and information rich.
Jude tends Wilson Creek Gardens, a 7-acre homestead and demonstration site located in Cottage Grove, Oregon. www.cascadiapermaculture.com
What makes OUR Ecovillage so special?
OUR courses are unique from almost all others as you are stepping into OUR ECOVILLAGE – a 25 acre “Sustainable Living Demonstration Site and Education Centre” and one of the most built out permaculture projects in North America.
For 19 years Our Ecovillage has been working towards “Lawful Permaculture”; having every innovative design and building project that we have created also be fully zoned, permitted & approved by regulatory officials.
Through partnering with all 3 levels of government, business & corporate sponsors, academia, and the grassroots of the wider community and it’s organizations; at OUR we bring together a range of professionals, permaculture teachers, regulatory folks, and technical stakeholders ready to train others in the next stages of how permaculture projects can become fully legal – like OURS!
Before you go any further..
Would you like to save 10%, 20%, or even 50% off ALL OUR Courses?
Sign up to become one of OUR Monthly Sustainers today!