An Introduction to Permaculture
Jump in to join the first few days of OUR 72 hour Permaculture Design course. This introductory course will teach you the basics of design, ethics, and principles of permaculture.
What is the Introduction to Permaculture Course?
This informative course will give you all the basics of design, ethics, and principles of permaculture as you join us for the first 2 1/2 days of our Permaculture Design Certificate course. Join us as we learn the basics in sustainable design with a group of like minded participants who are also on the journey of changing their way of thinking in the world and how they treat the earth.
In this introductory workshop OUR Ecovillage will focus on organizing, activating, and educating through their real on the ground permaculture projects. Learn how we design human systems that mimic natural systems using a minimum of energy and resources and how to create real abundance and social/environmental justice. Explore the strategies and organizing tools we need to make our visions real, as well as the daily practice, magic, and processes that sustain our spirits.
The Intro to Permaculture Course is $232.00 plus tax
The following upgrades are recommended:
- Meal Deal Plan – includes three buffet style meals, plus snacks
- Accommodation: Includes an indoor shared dorm space or outdoor camping – bring your own shelter
Indoor Upgrades: Please contact email@example.com for private or semi-private room options
Register soon as spaces fill up quickly!
Sign Up Now
Teachers and Topics
Starhawk is an author, activist, permaculture designer, and one of the foremost voices in earth-based spirituality. Her twelve books include The Spiral Dance, The Fifth Sacred Thing, The Earth Path, and her first picture book for children, The Last Wild Witch.
Over the past two decades Charles has stewarded many pieces of land throughout the United States, including Diana’s Grove in Missouri, Farm & Wilderness summer camp in Vermont, and Golden Rabbit Ranch in California.
Brandy is OUR Ecovillage Co-founder and Developer, was OUR Community Association Executive Director for 17 years, OUR Community Association Executive Director, OUR Ecovillage Cooperative Founding Member, Sustainable Communities Teacher and Consultant, and Mother.
- Intro to place-based learning and immersed learning environments.
- Overview of permaculture design curriculum, theory introduction
- Ethics and Principles Day
- Principles in Practice
- Patterns, Systems Theory
- How/why Permaculture and Ecological Design is changing the face of building and living
- Dinner and full site tour followed by campfire circle and building community connection.
Before you go any further..
Would you like to save 10%, 20%, or even 50% off ALL OUR Courses?
Sign up to become one of OUR Monthly Sustainers today!
What makes OUR ECOVILLAGE so special?
OUR courses are unique from almost all others as you are stepping into OUR ECOVILLAGE – a 25 acre “Sustainable Living Demonstration Site and Education Centre” and one of the most built out permaculture projects in North America.
For over 20 years OUR ECOVILLAGE has been working towards “Lawful Permaculture”; having every innovative design and building project that we have created also be fully zoned, permitted & approved by regulatory officials.
Through partnering with all 3 levels of government, business & corporate sponsors, academia, and the grassroots of the wider community and it’s organizations; at OUR we bring together a range of professionals, permaculture teachers, regulatory folks, and technical stakeholders ready to train others in the next stages of how permaculture projects can become fully legal – like OURS!
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Call us during our business hours, Monday to Friday, 9:00am – 5:00pm PST at 1-250-743-3067
1. CANCELLATION POLICY
- a) Accommodations
- For cancellation with more than 5 days notice, guests will be fully refunded unless if during courses & events and then same as b) below.
- For cancellations with less than 5 days notice, the first night will be charged at 100% and the remaining nights at 50%.
- b) Courses, Events and all other Services
- For cancellation with more than 30 days notice, guest will be fully refunded.
- For cancellations with more than 21 days notice, guest will be 50% refunded.
- For cancellations with less than 21 days notice, guest will be charged full amount.