2020 Permaculture Teacher Training
March 14 – March 21, 2020
Cost: 900 CAD plus taxes
(Course only. Food and accomodation upgrades available on checkout)
Who should take this course?
This is an incredible opportunity to study with a master teacher, on how to teach permaculture. To be eligible to register for the course you will have taken the Permaculture Design Certificate Course, or have the instructor’s approval.
(Please contact us: email@example.com to register under this special track!)
Material Covered in the Course:
We are also hosting a FOOD, FOREST, AND FARM CAMP FOR KIDS 6-12 at the same time as the PTT:
Class will begin at 10 am on Mar 23rd, 2019 (Sat), and finish at 9:00 pm on Mar 30th, 2019 (Sat) with a celebration party.
Each day will follow the same schedule. If you are staying off site, please be sure to arrive 15 minutes before class starts.
Breakfast: 7:00 – 8:00 am
AM Session: 8:30 – 12:00 pm
Lunch: 12:00 – 1:30 pm
PM Session: 1:30 – 5:30 pm
Dinner: 6:00 – 7:00 pm
Evening Session: 7:30 – 9:30 pm
This Certificate Course is offered by the Cascadia Permaculture Institute and is now certified by the Permaculture Institute of North America.
Class size limited to 25 participants.
Advanced Permaculture Courses in Teaching:
Empower yourself to advocate for change through whole systems teaching and design. In this dynamic and interactive course, you will learn significant teaching techniques to communicate and apply Permaculture (Pc) principles and strategies to a wide variety of audiences and educational settings. Our goal is to encourage and inspire your unique strengths and abilities by demonstrating diverse teaching modalities including effective use of lecture, storytelling, class discussions, interactive experiential activities, visual aids and hands-on skills. As a group we facilitate a safe setting of active learning, building confidence by experiencing essential practice via preparing and co-teaching multiple presentations. Sharing information is Regenerative ~ Be Part of the Permaculture Solution.
Jude has taught this course almost thirty times and it is never the same way twice. As proactive educators we are constantly adjusting the way a workshop or course is presented…creating innovative experiences that address varied learning styles while moving from theory to practice.
Who is this course for?
- Community activists, designers, homesteaders and anyone who wishes to share the knowledge of systems thinking and integrated self-reliant living strategies
- Professional teachers who wish to expand and fine-tune their Permaculture knowledge
- Permaculture Design Course Graduates
What will you learn?
- The awareness of how adults learn
- To assess your personal assets
- Tools to teach what you know
What you can expect from this course?
- Skill building with a focus on goals you wish to accomplish
- Enhancing your abilities toward Critical Thinking
- Asking important questions: What are your intentions and goals as an educator? How teaching serves you and others?
- Understanding how goal setting generates learning outcomes which evolves to content
- Keeping participants engaged through changing the conventional paradigm of teaching
- Community building: this includes the transformational learning, the co-creativity model and more
- Teaching strategies
- Creating the awareness of teaching about design and the relevancy of practical design application
- Learning Interactions
Applying documentation through note taking & journaling
- Building a vocabulary of learning modalities, such as; shifting from passive to active learning, visual, auditory, kinesthetic learning, the eight intelligences, transformational learning, and using resources from researchers who have articulated how people best learn.
- Recognizing your learning styles and how this impacts your ways of teaching
- Observing how people best learn through their experiences with teaching styles
- Practicing the Art of Facilitation: From deep listening to timeliness to working with challenges in the educational setting
What are the course activities?
- Presenting three teaching modules as a way to practice and build self-confidence.
- Offer and receive supportive respectful critiques of these presentations, enhancing the opportunity to Adapt and Advance your skills with timing and delivery.
- Encouraging you to identify your unique personal teaching style(s), what is your ‘shtick’?
- Teach Pc Creatively by ‘edutainment’ (education and entertainment)
- Presenting a final group project to the public: An Introduction to Permaculture: A Workshop on
- Ecological Design (or whatever the class chooses as a workshop title)
Jude Hobbs is an internationally recognized permaculture designer, educator and co-founder of the Permaculture Institute of North America (PINA). With over 30 years’ experience she utilizes whole-system techniques in urban and rural settings to co-design environmentally sound solutions that inspire sustainable actions. Through her business, Agro-Ecology Northwest, she specializes in optimizing resource conservation, biodiversity, soil and watershed enhancement and income diversification for large and small-scale acreage.
As an educator, she conveys her passion for permaculture to students worldwide by providing curricula developed to encompass diverse learning styles with teaching techniques that are accessible, inspiring and information rich.
Jude tends Wilson Creek Gardens, a 7-acre homestead and demonstration site located in Cottage Grove, Oregon. www.cascadiapermaculture.com
Testimonials from PTT Graduates
Jude has such a plethora of knowledge… I would encourage anyone with a PDC to check it out skills for teaching for our future well-being. We need more teachers in the world and frankly I can’t imagine a more well-rounded easily absorbed of course than this one. M.S.
This course provides more than just a foundation for teaching permaculture. It is very motivational and inspirational. Highly effective with pointed content, I needed this! R.S.
Jude brings a wealth of knowledge and experience to the room and imparts it with style and grace. B.G.
A great way to build an in-depth knowledge of how to teach workshops and courses, and meet people to collaborate with. Jude creates a course that finds the perfect balance between creating a safe comfortable learning environment and a place to push your comfort zone and to grow. J.D.
Jude’s experience really shown through during this course. It seemed every part of the curriculum has been carefully tweaked over the years to create loop learning opportunities while inspiring students to become creative and thoughtful educators. A.C
This course is at the same time humbling and empowering. Great for anyone interested in sharing knowledge in whatever context. A.S.
After 10 years of this goal, this was the final step I needed to feel truly ready to teach others. D.N.
If you believe in permaculture as an antidote for many of the world’s woes, this course is a great opportunity to join the teachers thereof. A brilliant opportunity to train to be an agent for the betterment of the earth, life, society and community. P.S.
Valuable for building confidence in designing and delivering learning modules. Great tips in getting started as an educator. Great for general education, not only for permaculture techniques. This is a very valuable course, I loved it! J.P.
A course on the art of teaching is in-depth course on teaching methodologies B.D.
What makes OUR Ecovillage so special?
Before you go any further..
Would you like to save 10%, 20%, or even 50% off ALL OUR Courses?
Sign up to become one of OUR Monthly Sustainers today!
1. CANCELLATION POLICY
- a) Accommodations
- For cancellation with more than 5 days notice, guests will be fully refunded unless if during courses & events and then same as b) below.
- For cancellations with less than 5 days notice, the first night will be charged at 100% and the remaining nights at 50%.
- b) Courses, Events and all other Services
- For cancellation with more than 30 days notice, guest will be fully refunded.
- For cancellations with more than 21 days notice, guest will be 50% refunded.
- For cancellations with less than 21 days notice, guest will be charged full amount.