Course focus: Ecovillage Design / Ecological Living
Ecovillage Design Education with the Global Ecovillage Network
Mar 4 to Jul 23, 2023
Are you ready to begin designing thriving communities and societies that live within our planetary boundaries?
Join our global online classroom and learn from renowned educators from around the world.
The next live online course will run from 4 March to 23 July, 2023.
Saturdays at 15:00 UTC.*
*Recordings are available for later viewing.
This course allows you to get a broad perspective of the topics and skills needed to become a true change maker and you will understand where you want to focus even more in-depth.
- Gain confidence in participatory facilitation and building resilient learning communities
- Improve your communication skills and conflict management
- Explore shared leadership and participatory decision-making processes
- Practice deep sharing & trust building
- Learn about appropriate environmental technologies
- Identify how to support and strengthen local economies
- Experience how to think globally and act locally
- Gain a holistic perspective of sustainability and community building
- Learn from the real experience of community builders and ecovillage founders
- Improve design and implementation skills for effective regenerative projects
- Work with others to explore your own dreams and plans, co-developing your projects throughout the programme.
Macaco Tamerice – Lead Facilitator
is a sociologist, a life coach, and expert in human processes specialised in community-building, inner transformation, leadership and conflict resolution. In her life she researched with passion how to regenerate our planet and human systems. She has been living at Damanhur, Federation of Communities since 1993, where she has held many roles of artistic and social responsibilities, also the top leadership positions in the community.
Taisa Mattos – Lead Facilitator
is an experienced Gaia Education certified trainer. She has coordinated and taught Ecovillage Design Education Programmes since 2009, having contributed to 28 programmes so far, all over Brazil also in Portugal, Argentina, and Mozambique, and online. Currently serving as Education and Research Coordinator at the Global Ecovillage Network (GEN), Taisa works as an international trainer and consultant in the fields of sustainability, social innovations, and community life.
We strive to be inclusive to global economies and can provide places at 50% off the ‘regular’ price for participants from and living in the Global South.
We may be able to offer a limited number of reduced price scholarships (not 100% free) when we have enough participants and sponsorship donations.