Course focus: Permaculture Education
PDC: Permaculture Design Certificate
Earth Activist Training’s Permaculture Design Certificate course (PDC) is a most needed and ethical choice for learning in these certainly uncertain times of change. Learn how to design human systems that mimic natural systems, consider climate change adaptation strategies (and the new IPCC Report for 2022), use a minimum of energy and resources to create real abundance and social justice.
This course is for you if you are ready to:
– Embark on new environmental design practices
– Find ways of dramatically reducing energy consumption and changing your lifestyle
– Begin land-based ventures & small businesses
– Realize goals towards self-sufficiency, homesteading, and a next level of DYI
– Learn Climate Change Adaptation Strategies and carbon accounting
– Find your way into ‘Resilient Community/Lifestyle Design’
– Understand that we each have an important role to play in co-creating the future
- Introduction to Permaculture (2-5 days) on-land or virtual livestream
- Permaculture Teaching Assistant Training (for certified permaculture graduates only)
- Permaculture Design Upgrade (for certified permaculture graduates only)
O.U.R. Ecovillage has been teaching this course for decades and is privileged to team up with the Earth Activist teaching team and international learning community for the last 10 years. It is our shared commitment to bring together:
- The knowledge and resources of regenerative ecological design to communities with the greatest needs and fewest resources
- Visionary and practical solutions and personal sustainability to social change activists, and to teach practical skills, organizing, and activism to visionaries
- The political, environmental, and spiritual movements that seek peace, justice, and resilience
O.U.R. Ecovillage is part of the wider weave of Permaculture Design teachings in the world and are accredited through the Permaculture Institute of North America – P.I.N.A. By completing a certification through P.I.N.A. you are joining a global movement which:
- Elevates the status and impact of Permaculture by influencing public policy and private development to improve the quality of life for all
- Brings permaculture solutions to bear on the challenges of social justice, land regeneration, and climate cooling
- Promotes permaculture pathways to professional development
- Grants diplomas recognizing excellence and achievement
- Preserves the integrity and quality of the Permaculture Design Course
- Facilitates networking among permaculturists
- Dorm or Camping with linens $380 (upgrade to available dorm or private room as available)
- Dorm with linens $430
- Three meal per day (with snacks) package $500
Accommodations, Courses, Events and all other services
For cancellation with more than 30 days notice, guest will be fully refunded.
For cancellations with more than 21 days notice, guest will be 50% refunded.
For cancellations with less than 21 days notice, guest will be charged full amount.
Health and Safety
O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE adheres to the COVID-19 safety requirements set out by the British Columbia Provincial Health Authority as well as the Canadian Federal Health Authority. There are community/staff members at O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE who are living with high levels of health concern. We ask that you are responsible and respectful with their health needs while onsite. The COVID-19 policies which are set out by O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE for the duration of your visit will be e-mailed to you at minimum four days prior to the start of the course. In the interim, we ask that you take responsibility for learning about the local health guidelines for our region here, purchase two rapid antigen COVID-19 tests to bring with you, plan to create conscious relationships with others while onsite, bring masks for your own use as needed, and create a response plan for any case in which you may fall ill.
If there are any additional communicable illness concerns, of any sort, which are specific to your health requirements then you must contact O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE at email@example.com to make alternative arrangements at minimum 4 days prior to your visit.