Coyote Mentoring Weekend
Note this event has been postponed until further notice.
Fri Apr 3 – Sun Apr 5, 2020
Arrival: Friday, April 3rd 5:00pm Departure: Sunday, April 5th 4:00pm Cost: $290 CAD (price also includes: meals & camping)
Thriving Roots presents the annual 3 day Coyote Mentoring Training for Adults is our only part-time adult program. Get out your play clothes and come join us for some serious outdoor fun! We’re taking the learning far outside the classroom and diving into the wild with our bodies, hearts and minds. Prepare to rediscover first hand what inspires deep learning and growth, experiencing traditions and skills that have inspired human development for thousands of years. Find your place in nature through these mentoring methods and glimpse into the way these natural cycles can inform our lives.
“A long time ago and in a few places still today, indigenous people who lived off the land schooled their children, but they did it invisibly. Our ancestors’ children didn’t go to school. School surrounded them. Nature was a living teacher. There were many relatives for every child and every relative was a mentor. Stories filled the air and ceremonies of gratitude filled mundane lives. Wouldn’t it brighten our horizons to see more of this kind of teaching in our schools and communities today?”
– Ellan Haas, Co-Author of Coyote’s Guide to Connecting with Nature
Throughout the weekend you will:
- Learn the foundations of the 8 Shields Learning
- Cycle and how to utilize it for optimal lesson planning
- Learn the cycle of brain patterning and how to use it to inspire new learning and growth
- Experience the power of storytelling as a teaching tool
- Discover how heightened sensory awareness is connected to curiosity and motivation
- Experience the impact of culture on our sense of belonging and self-worth and learn how that is connected to personal growth.
- Reactivate your own aliveness and curiosity within the natural world
- Connect with like-minded parents and educators in the Vancouver Island nature connection movement.
- Discover your own inner “Coyote” and learn how and when to call it forth!
Instructors: Arnaud Gagne and Marion Delude
Food: All meals provided by the “OUR EcoVillage Zero Mile Eatery!”
Lodging: Camping space is provided and encouraged for the full outdoor experience. (Participants are required to bring their own camping gear.)
Shared indoor lodging – no linens: + $25
Shared indoor lodging – with linens: + $40
Private room – single w/ linens: + $90
Private room – double w/ linens: + $120
Before you go any further..
Would you like to save 10%, 20%, or even 50% off ALL OUR Courses?
Sign up to become one of OUR Monthly Sustainers today!
What makes OUR Ecovillage so special?
OUR courses are unique from almost all others as you are stepping into OUR ECOVILLAGE – a 25 acre “Sustainable Living Demonstration Site and Education Centre” and one of the most built out permaculture projects in North America.
For over 20 years OUR ECOVILLAGE has been working towards “Lawful Permaculture”; having every innovative design and building project that we have created also be fully zoned, permitted & approved by regulatory officials.
Through partnering with all 3 levels of government, business & corporate sponsors, academia, and the grassroots of the wider community and it’s organizations; at OUR we bring together a range of professionals, permaculture teachers, regulatory folks, and technical stakeholders ready to train others in the next stages of how permaculture projects can become fully legal – like OURS!