There are a variety of tasks and projects at O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE which utilize volunteer personnel.
Are you looking for an chance to be an active part of the rich and rewarding summer at OUR Ecovillage this year? Spend quality time in the full immersion learning environment of one of North America’s premiere sustainable living demonstration sites and get a chance to work hard, learn essential “soft”-skills for community building in practice and build relationships with the unique group of people stewarding the land. You will also be in daily contact with the thousands of people coming through to visit, learn, celebrate or support this project – a chance to make connections that will last for the rest of your life.
This is an opportunity to grow, serve, learn and share. All volunteers cover their site and food costs.
You might find one of these roles appealing
- SIte and hospitality support – full time starting as soon as possible till late summer or fall: hosting, welcoming, set-up and take down connected to the many events, courses and guesthouse, supporting the Site and Events Coordination Team.
- Volunteer Coordination – this is a long-term, part-time role.
- Tech support – long-term, part-time role. computers (hardware, network, etc), phone systems, other skills you might have?
- Food services – for the big events as needed, or ongoing for a fixed number of hours per week. OUR kitchen serves thousands per year – mostly organic, lots from our garden, a great chance to make the intimate connection from the land to the table. Work hard with an inspiring and motivated group.
- Bookkeeping/accounting support: Do you know Quickbooks inside out and have a regular amount of time to dedicate to data entry?
Office Admin and Reception person
To begin the volunteer process, we request that you complete and submit a Volunteer Agreement.