Welcome to OUR Ecovillage!
We look forward to your visit!
Are you looking for a chance to be an active part of a rich and rewarding ecovillage community lifestyle? How about living among like minded folks from across the globe? If these prospects excite you then chances are you’ll truly love the volunteering experience available at OUR ECOVILLAGE.
Sustainable wellness is co-creating healthy community through teaching the inherent healing ability we each have within ourselves. We offer workshops, retreats, and ceremonies for you to learn and experience the healing power of nature through both traditional wisdom and scientific knowledge.
5 Tips on How to Contact an Intentional Community
Taking the plunge to visit or volunteer at OUR ECOVILLAGE can be a very new kind of experience for some folks. Here are five tips to consider when contacting a community for the first time:
- Be respectful of people’s time and busy lives. Communicate the essential aspects of your request. How long would you like to say? What are your skills? Have you visited other communities before?
- It helps if a community can quickly understand your intention for wanting to visit. Do you intend to live in a community? Do you have specific concerns or questions you hope to remedy through a visit? Keep it short and honest.
- Demonstrate that you have taken the time to understand the intentions of the community you hope to visit. Refer to their mission statement or another aspect of the project that you resonate with. This will help the community determine if you are a good fit for what they have going on.
- Make sure you are contacting the right person. Look for the person with “guest management” or “visitor inquiry” in their job title or email address. By reaching out through the contact form we will connect you with the appropriate contact point. If you don’t hear back for any reason, let us know so we can assist you in making the connection.
- Include your contact information in the request. Let the community know what is the best way to reach you. Let them know your long term plans and if a visit will be an option in the future if they do not have availability now. Sign off with a friendly note and appreciation for their time.