OUR Zero Mile Meal Eatery is an amazing handcrafted natural building (cob strawbale) based in a 25 acre Sustainable/Permaculture Living Demonstration Site and Education Centre. With a 3 season busy rhythm, lots of visitors and course participants, and a number of events, there is a diverse range of activities in this role. OUR team highly values someone who can work with ‘food as medicine’ and is interested in working with health practioners and other foodies. We host many volunteers who need a framework for helping in the kitchen, often teach school groups, and are hoping for pure love flowing through the foods we share. An emphasis is placed on obtaining as much food from the land as possible and storing/perserving as much as we can bring in (including huge amounts of gleaning). This is a community based project, with a possibility of small/beautiful residential space. It is a busy role at times with high production and slow and creative at other points. We are hopeful for someone who very much wishes to become the face of this incredibly unique space.
We are looking for someone who is full time for:
- Ordering and scheduling
- Performing regular costing and inventory
- Meeting regularly with the leadership team and other staff
- Creating interesting and medicinal menus (mostly all buffet)
- Supervising consistency and speed of recipes being prepared
- Managing opening and closing duties for kitchen
- Managing events food team
- Developing inspiring specials on menu
- Minimum 3 years of kitchen experience is required; more than 5 years is an asset.
- People skills and the ability to lead a team of diverse staff and volunteers
- Personal interest in food as medicine, community atmosphere, holistic health, conscious living and superfoods are all assets.
- Openness to personal development, conscious communication and self responsibility.
Please email us at:
info [at] ourecovillage.org
with a resume and cover letter.