O.U.R. (One United Resource) ECOVILLAGE is a sustainable learning centre and demonstration site which focuses on ecological ways of living. We are dedicated to researching and modeling ways that are rooted in social, cultural, spiritual, economic and ecological well-being. As well, we actively create partnerships with groups and organizations that are interested in living in community and living lightly on the earth.
This is an exciting opportunity to work within a multi-organizational model based in Shawnigan Lake. An informal and dynamic work environment can offer lots of value on a personal and professional level depending on the interests and learning connections you are looking for. Inspiration towards environmental, community-based, service project related work will make this the best fit for the right individual.
This is a part-time position of approximately 15 hours per week at our office with an opportunity to co-create a schedule. There is potential for this position to grow, based on interest and experience, to include other administrative responsibilities.
The Bookkeeper is responsible for the preparation and maintenance of financial records and reports. They provide administrative support to the General Manager and Board of Directors through bookkeeping, banking and reporting services. The Bookkeeper maintains all necessary and appropriate records, files and processes to ensure the smooth and compliant financial operations of three, related non-profit organizations, focusing on accuracy and transparency.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare accounts payable files and process cheques for signing and distribution
- Record all revenues including accommodations rentals, membership fees, donations, grants, educational programs, and social functions
- Process payroll (seasonal)
- Reconcile all accounts and prepare financial statements, including balance sheet, revenue, expenditure and performance to the budget, variance and cash flow
- Monitor Cash and cash management
- Prepare monthly Financial Statements, GST Returns, year-end reports, and audit documentation
- Other related duties that may be required from time to time to manage financial affairs
- Strong computer skills in Quick Books and Google Suite
- Understanding and application of accounting standards and principles.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills.
- Logical, analytical, detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet tight deadlines
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality and discretion.
Non-profit experience is an asset.
Please email us at:
admin [at] ourecovillage.org
with a resume and cover letter.