YES! We are seeking new members!
Ways to become acquainted with OUR Ecovillage:
The next step could be to become a member of O.U.R. Ecovillage Cooperative with the related rights and responsibilities. Please contact us if you are interested in making a socially responsible investment by purchasing investment shares in O.U.R. Cooperative.Here follows a detailed description of the membership application process:
How to become a member of O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE Co-operative
1. Come for a tour, talk to people and get as much information about O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE and the Co-operative as you require. Take workshops, attend events and meetings, become informed about who we are and why we are here.
2. Download the the membership application package below, or send the O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE membership liaison person an email. The application package includes:
a. An outline of the application process
b. Description of O.UR. Ecovillage Cooperative
c. Membership Application
d. Subscription Agreement
e. Rules of O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE Co-operative
f. Memorandum of Association
g. Membership Agreement
2. Take some time to read through the material. After making a copy for yourself, please send in the following forms with your signature by regular mail (you may also send an electronic version to speed up the process).
3. The membership liaison person may contact you for an informal conversation over a cup of coffee/tea.
4. The Board of the Co-operative reviews the application and their decision is communicated to you by the membership liaison. If accepted, you will be asked to sign and return the following:
5. Upon receipt of your signed Membership Agreement, your name is entered in the “Register of Members”. These records are kept at O.U.R. Office. Congratulations – you are now a full member of O.U.R. ECOVILLAGE Co-operative!
6. When your share is fully paid for, the Treasurer assigns a share certificate number, records the share sale in the records kept by the Treasurer, and your share certificate is issued. Treasurer sends a share certificate to you and makes a copy for O.U.R. “Register of Share Holders”.
The Board of O.U.R. Ecovillage Co-operative reserves the right to make an exception to any of the above steps as long as they do not conflict with the applicable rules or legislation.